Clock Radio #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

from Clock Radio #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi
by Stephanie

NewImage

Beautiful project update from AndyFelong.com via raspberry pi pod:

We had a really old alarm clock in our bedroom. Really old. The LED number segments, which were a nice dim red in color, had been dying at the rate of 1 segment a year and it was getting hard to read the time. My wife finally had enough of my “I’ll get a new one real soon” excuse and bought a new big, bright, blue LED clock to replace the old clock. It was blue … and *really* bright … even in its dim-mode 🙁 It had to go!

My converted 1942 Crosley Radio was collecting dust on my workbench. I had finally received a Raspberry Pi Zero and Zero4U USB hub to play with but was already lusting after the new R-Pi Zero with camera port. I recently upgraded the audio-output on my Mac from an old USB HiFiMan Express DAC to a Schiit Modi DAC. Hmmmmm, seemed like I had the ingredients to make a BIG clock “radio” with alarm(s) and great stereo audio?

Read more


2358Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments