Display WordPress Page Views on a Raspberry Pi @Raspberry_Pi #piday #raspberrypi

from Display WordPress Page Views on a Raspberry Pi @Raspberry_Pi #piday #raspberrypi
by Kelly

Displaying WordPress Page Views on a Raspberry Pi 777x437

Attention all blog owners! Check out this great project from Average Man Vs Raspberry Pi!

Here are two very obvious things: I have a blog (you’re reading this aren’t you?) and people view it (you again!).

I don’t think there are many blog owners out there who aren’t interested in how many people are viewing their content, after all, you went to all that trouble to write it.

I like to keep an eye on this blog out of pure interest, especially on those days where it might jump a few thousand views and you have to rummage around looking at what might have gone viral.

So, I decided I’d try and find a way to use my Raspberry Pi to display my daily page views, using something a little less barbaric than my previous screen-scraping techniques that you might have seen here before.

Read more.

Comments