PIC Controlled Time Lapse Camera #celebratephotography

from PIC Controlled Time Lapse Camera #celebratephotography
by Stephanie

NewImage

From ric866 on hackaday.io:

OK, so this one started about 3 years ago. I had an old digital video camera (that also takes stills). Unfortunately the maximum video resolution is 640×480 and stills are taken at 3MP, so not a lot of use by today’s standards (my phone can do better).

So after a bit of pondering, I thought it would be cool to make a time-lapse camera by remotely controlling the power and shutter functions. Unfortunately, after soldering in the necessary connections to the camera, I had no suitable transistors to earth the button pad (and activate it) and some of my connections broke off internally.

At this point the project got shelved.

After completing the LED projector, i found in it’s project box some transistors that were surplus. So I thought it only polite to finish what I had started.

I wont bore anyone with the circuit details (unless you really want them, if so let me know) but the little breadboard (yeah I like things old school) connects the shutter and power button pads, through their perspective NPN transistor to earth. The LED is just there to flash periodically, and provide basic status information. The power for all this is pulled from the 6v camera batteries.

Read more


Photofooter

We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!

If you’re interested in making your own project and need some gear, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check out our Raspberry Pi accessories and our DIY cameras.

Comments