Building a Motion Activated Security Camera with the Raspberry Pi Zero @Raspberry_Pi #piday #raspberrypi

from Building a Motion Activated Security Camera with the Raspberry Pi Zero @Raspberry_Pi #piday #raspberrypi
by Kelly

Screen Shot 2017 01 05 at 12 05 24

Fantastic project tutorial from Mark West, via RaspberryPiPod.

Recently my wife and I suspected that some unwanted guests had been visiting our garden.  After a discussion we decided that we needed a motion activated camera that could send us emails once it detected movement.  We also wanted the ability to view the live video stream from the camera on demand.

As a fully fledged Raspberry Pi geek I knew right away that I wanted to build my own solution.  My wife was not so convinced, and starting listing the dozens of unfinished projects I currently have on my backlog.  After promising her that I would see this project through to the bitter end I finally got permission to build a proof of concept

This project required no coding, but quite a bit of configuration. It took about 6-7 hours to complete once I had the parts in place.  I spent most of this time wrestling with Linux and this blog will hopefully help anyone attempting a similar project.

Read more.


2358Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments