Binary IP Address Display #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

from Binary IP Address Display #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi
by Stephanie

NewImage

From Colin O’Dell on hackster.io:

I recently built a really cool project using a Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless board and a Pimoroni Unicorn pHAT LED matrix. (It displays the status of my running unit tests in real time – check it out here). This project is designed to be “headless” – it’s not connected to any display.

This poses a problem – although I’ve configured the WiFi, I’m using DHCP and therefore don’t know what IP the Pi will be using when it boots! Without this information, I can’t SSH into the device or connect to my project remotely. I therefore needed a way to have the Pi inform me of its IP address on boot.

My solution: display the IP address on the Unicorn pHAT LED matrix in binary! Not only is this practical, but it also boosts my geek cred 😉

In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through how to replicate this solution for your own projects.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments