FlashForge New Creator Pro – Bed Extender #3DPrinting #3DThursday

from FlashForge New Creator Pro – Bed Extender #3DPrinting #3DThursday
by Jessie Mae

C8e47737447cf2c1fc8b5d14d2804f96 preview featured

Timetoprint00 shared this project on Thingiverse!

I find that on the FlashForge NEW Creator Pro (received November-2016) that parts with large surface areas are difficult to remove from the bed plate. For example the first time I printed out the orange bird house (thingi1351023), I did so on a glass plate, that I clipped to the FlashForge Bed. Because this bird house has such a large contact surface area to the bed, I found it to be very difficult to remove. In the end the glass plate shattered, and in fear of cutting my fingers from the shards of glass, I simply threw the bird house into the garbage.

To remedy, I decided to use plexi-glass, so that I could flex the plate to create a separation between it and the 3d printed object. Locally (at HD) thin plexi-glass can be purchased in 8” x 10” sheets for approximately $4 USD. These sheet are approximately 2mm thick. Then to avoid having to cut the plexi-glass to size, I designed the bed extensions to accommodate the 8 x 10 plexi-glass sheet.

See more!


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

Comments