The end product needs to meet these requirements.
- Needs to be able to access the “camera” remotely and Start / Stop / change settings / retrieve photos.
- Needs to be cost effective, ie ; cheap, this company is a non-profit and I need to respect that they have a small budget.
- Needs to be able to access the internet (see point #1) , most likely through wireless
- Needs to be waterproof, as the “camera” will be installed outside.
- I would like to be able to integrate the photos into a web site easily.
- I would like some external notification when a photo is taken (like an LED blinking when the photo is taken)
I Immediately thought of building it out of a Raspberry Pi, I have built a Raspberry Pi time lapse camera before. That is what I use to document progression on my instructables. I wanted to do this one a little bit differently so that I could Integrate the camera into a web site.
We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!