Outdoor Time-Lapse Server with Raspberry Pi #raspberrypi #celebratephotography

from Outdoor Time-Lapse Server with Raspberry Pi #raspberrypi #celebratephotography
by Stephanie

NewImage

From MakrToolbox on Instructables:

The end product needs to meet these requirements.

Must have

  1. Needs to be able to access the “camera” remotely and Start / Stop / change settings / retrieve photos.
  2. Needs to be cost effective, ie ; cheap, this company is a non-profit and I need to respect that they have a small budget.
  3. Needs to be able to access the internet (see point #1) , most likely through wireless
  4. Needs to be waterproof, as the “camera” will be installed outside.

Would Like

  1. I would like to be able to integrate the photos into a web site easily.
  2. I would like some external notification when a photo is taken (like an LED blinking when the photo is taken)

Ideas

I Immediately thought of building it out of a Raspberry Pi, I have built a Raspberry Pi time lapse camera before. That is what I use to document progression on my instructables. I wanted to do this one a little bit differently so that I could Integrate the camera into a web site.

Read more and check out the video below from nlucomputers on YouTube


Photofooter

We #celebratephotography here at Adafruit every Saturday. From photographers of all levels to projects you have made or those that inspire you to make, we’re on it! Got a tip? Well, send it in!

If you’re interested in making your own project and need some gear, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to check out our Raspberry Pi accessories and our DIY cameras.

Comments