Monday, April 10, 2017

MAX31856 Driver for FreeBSD

from MAX31856 Driver for FreeBSD
by nicknormal

Thanks to Gergely Czuczy for making available this driver for the MAX31856, for FreeBSD/RaspBSD:

Gergely writes,

“Hey,

I’m building my project on raspbsd(which is FreeBSD), and I noticed that
there’s no driver for this thermocouple of yours. I’ve put the stuff on
github, so if anyone wants to use it, feel free to.

Also, I’ve added a bit more powerful chipselect method, in case someone
needed to handle more devices on a single bus, like I myself do…

Have a nice day,
Gergely”


Featured Adafruit Products!

NewImage

Adafruit Universal Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31856 Breakout: Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference, as well as calculations to handle any non-linearities. For a long time we’ve suggested our MAX31855K breakout, which works great but is only for K-type thermocouples. Now we’re happy to offer a great new thermocouple amplifier/converter that can handle just about any type of thermocouple, and even has the ability to give you notification when the temperature goes out of range, or a fault occurs. Very fancy! Read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment