Commodore Amiga 3-button Joystick by Roy Gillotti #3DThursday #3DPrinting

from Commodore Amiga 3-button Joystick by Roy Gillotti #3DThursday #3DPrinting
by Ben

D9ab732106f2d8a9de9481e609ae9c21 preview featured

Shared by TrashyMG on Thingiverse:

This is a 3-button joystick I designed specifically for my Amiga, it seems only few games support the third button, but handy for the ones that do, like ADOOM and such. This remix I kept the basic shape, but shrunk down for the smaller amount of buttons and to fit on my 150mm x 150mm print bed. I had entirely redesign the bottom portion to fit the top.

I’m using the small Joystick and Arcade buttons from Adafruit, but you can likely source these from elsewhere.

http://ift.tt/2gVfH8w

http://ift.tt/2tLjA9d

The top lid in the original design is held by M4 x 10 bolts and hex nuts and I kept that in my this design. but for my build, I found some self taping screws that work just as well. The cable I used is fairly thick, if you use a thinner cable, you may need to change the hole the cable passed through or use some other method to ensure that the cable won’t move if tugged on.

For wiring details I got my information from here: http://ift.tt/2thsGXV
It’s likely you can adapt this joystick to other systems without too much issues.

Download the files and learn more


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

The Adafruit Learning System has dozens of great tools to get you well on your way to creating incredible works of engineering, interactive art, and design with your 3D printer! If you’ve made a cool project that combines 3D printing and electronics, be sure to let us know, and we’ll feature it here!

Comments