Tips for 3D-Printing on Tulle Fabric | #3DThursday #3DPrinting

from Tips for 3D-Printing on Tulle Fabric | #3DThursday #3DPrinting
by nicknormal

Mileage will vary based on your actual printer and its configuration but this Instructable is pretty useful for wrapping your head around the possibilities for printing on tulle – for example to create semi-flexable wearable necklaces with ‘floating’ elements:

I recently came across 3D printing on fabric in this Tweet. I was instantly fascinated by the idea and have been wanting to experiment with using this technique with making jewelry and when I came across this Imgur post, I knew I had to just go for it.

In this Instructable, I will talk about my experience with 3D printing on Tulle fabric, but any porous fabric should also work with this (as seen in the tweet above, I believe they used fiberglass fabric). I will go through different things you need to keep in mind from creating the design through printing.

Read more here.


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

Comments