RPI3 2600 (raspberry pi 3 enclosure) #3DPrinting #3DThursday

from RPI3 2600 (raspberry pi 3 enclosure) #3DPrinting #3DThursday
by Jessie Mae

2b090d8e5c5063bec2150d4de0d3a432 preview featured

HauntFreaks shared this 3D printed enclosure on Thingiverse!

I always planned on modeling a Atari2600 case for a pi,… I was about to start from scratch, when I did a search here on thingiverse… there were two models, one from a few years ago, and a new one that the bottom half was for the RPI3

I could have just used those models, but I wanted a bit more detail, and access to the SD card, (neither had that)….. so I remodeled the meshes back into solids, and made all the necessary resizing and adjustments… ….I also wanted more detail added to the faceplate, and wanted it easier to print, so I made it separate from the top…. I also wanted the top hollowed out for switches, LED’s or whatever… one last detail I added was the RPI3 (atari logo) ….. anyway, I was hoping I didn’t have to reinvent the wheel, but in the end I “kinda” did….

See more!


649-1
Every Thursday is #3dthursday here at Adafruit! The DIY 3D printing community has passion and dedication for making solid objects from digital models. Recently, we have noticed electronics projects integrated with 3D printed enclosures, brackets, and sculptures, so each Thursday we celebrate and highlight these bold pioneers!

Have you considered building a 3D project around an Arduino or other microcontroller? How about printing a bracket to mount your Raspberry Pi to the back of your HD monitor? And don’t forget the countless LED projects that are possible when you are modeling your projects in 3D!

Comments