Arduino controlled photogrammetry 3D-scanner #3DPrinting #3DThursday

from Arduino controlled photogrammetry 3D-scanner #3DPrinting #3DThursday
by Jessie Mae

Featured preview IMG 0001

Bribro12 shared this project on Thingiverse!

This turntable is a new and improved version of my hand cranked version (Can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3723618). A lot of people suggested to me I should put a stepper motor onto it to get some very nice cinematic shots. This is exactly what I did.

I gave it a bit more functionality than just a regular cinematic turntable. I added the possibility to use the turntable as a rig to capture photos 360 degrees around an object.

The photos are being taken by a smartphone connected to a Bluetooth remote located inside the turntable. I just used the most straight forward, obvious and simple solution to capture these photos, which was to use a servo to press a button on a Bluetooth remote. I went for this solution due to the fact that Apple products tend to not like the HC-05 and HC-06 Bluetooth modules and refuse to connect to them. I’m sure a cleaner and more durable solution is to use these HC-05 or HC-06 modules and connect them to an android device.

Learn more!

Comments