The Bride 3D Printed Her Entire Wedding Including Her Bouquet #3Dprinting @ErinWinick @techreview

from The Bride 3D Printed Her Entire Wedding Including Her Bouquet #3Dprinting @ErinWinick @techreview
by Mike Barela

I 3D-printed every bit of my wedding—including my bouquet

Associate Editor at MIT Technical Review and science fashionista Erin Winick writes in a recent Review article about 3D printing all of her recent wedding accoutrements from her bouquet to the cake toppers:

So when it came to planning my wedding, the traditional route was definitely not for me. I have a mechanical engineering background and have owned a desktop 3D printer for the past three years, so the chance to combine my passion for manufacturing with a huge life milestone was too tempting to pass up. That meant infusing 3D printing into the day everywhere I could.

So harnessing models from around the web, she went about printing:

Whenever there was a choice between making and buying something, I went for the 3D-printing option. I printed my headband, the bouquets for me and my bridesmaids, all the table numbers, the cake topper, the floral cake decorations, and the flower girl’s necklace. All this was carried out on my two desktop printers, Mini and Flash (yes, I have named my printers).

And as a special tech cred accomplishment: her 3D printed bouquet glowed in the dark!

Erin Winick Wedding Bouquet Glow in the Dark

See the details in her MIT Tech Review article and on her Instagram. Congratulations to you both!

Comments