Rubiks Cube Robot Enhancements #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

from Rubiks Cube Robot Enhancements #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi
by Takara

A really neat Rubiks Cube solving robot that runs on a Raspberry Pi deserves a cool enhancement.

via tbergman8 on Thingiverse

First, I wanted it to be standalone. Since the software can run on a Raspberry PI, that was my first step. Then I realized that this wasn’t really an improvement over a laptop as I still needed a screen and keyboard.

I added a PI 7 inch touch display. Since the software is running on IOT, the only “certified” display is this one. http://bit.ly/2vlqiCZ

I looked long and hard to see what other display would work with IOT and finally decided to use this one. There may be others that will work, but I couldn’t confirm.

The mount for the screen attaches to the lower bolts that hold the legs on the robot. I needed longer ones, so I made a longer version. The PI holder and lid can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/2PxCYjg. These have not been altered.

Read more!


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments