The Utility of 3D Printing #3dThursday #3Dprinting #Radio @NT7S

from The Utility of 3D Printing #3dThursday #3Dprinting #Radio @NT7S
by Anne Barela

Jason Milldrum posts about just how useful that open source tools and 3D printing can be, even for non-geeky tasks such as home improvement.

I’ve been working on a new ham shack/home office over the last 9 months. Shack 2.0 is now finished, save a bit of work in getting and setting up workbenches. Since this building is going to be my ham shack, I needed a way to to get antenna coax and other cabling in and out through the wall that was built-in right from the start. Based on a friend’s recommendation, I plan to purchase an entry panel that mounts on the exterior of the building around a 2 inch conduit.

I had to cut out a bit of a ragged opening for the conduit, leaving an ugly, unfinished transition.

As far as I’m aware, there’s no commercial bit of trim for finishing something like this, so I was able to make my own by firing up FreeCAD and designing a flange in about 15 minutes, and then printing it on my Ender 3.

See the blog post here.

Comments