IR Transmitter + Receiver for #RaspberryPi with BR1225A/FAN Coin Cell Battery #piday

from IR Transmitter + Receiver for #RaspberryPi with BR1225A/FAN Coin Cell Battery #piday
by nicknormal

When the IR transmitter/receiver solution you’re looking for is only available as a USB adapter and you either don’t want to clog up your USB ports or it simply doesn’t fit with your design, what do you do? Build your own solution! This OSH Park-ready project fits snugly on the Pi’s GPIOs and is designed for a case that allows access to the GPIOs while protecting the rest of the Pi. Smart! The BR1225A/FAN button cell is a slick solution for the small-PCB footprint.

I needed an IR receiver for my Raspberry Pi which I use as an internet TV receiver with some custom program. As expected, I could not find any IR receiver module that fits nicely in my favorite simple & discreet Rasperry Pi case which only exposes all connectors and GPIO. A USB adapter was an option, but I did not want anything sticking out of the pi. Solution: make my own.

Read more.

[hat-tip Drew for sending this in!]

Comments