Create your own wireless IP camera with a Raspberry Pi Zero @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #Raspberrypi

from Create your own wireless IP camera with a Raspberry Pi Zero @Raspberry_Pi #PiDay #Raspberrypi
by Kelly

FinishedMounted

Great new project + write-up from Matthew Wagner up on his blog Hackmypi. Via RaspberryPiPod.

A family member asked me to put a camera in our garage recently, and immediately I decided to use a Pi Zero. Back when I was interviewing for my current job, I was dabbling with the idea of making a wireless, battery powered IP camera that I was going to attach to my dog, and get some cool footage of my dog running around. I never fully finished that project because, at the time, giving the Pi Zero wifi involved either soldering on a wifi chip to the bottom of the Pi, or using the MicroUSB port. Also, at the time, battery powering a Pi Zero project was a bit outside my skillset.

Recently, with the help of Red Bear Labs, I was able to make a few of these IP cameras. I started the build back before the Pi Zero W came out, so this hardware guide is how to build one of these cameras on the Pi Zero 1.3. This project will be part 1 of a multi-part project, incorporating a few Pi zero’s, a Pi 3, some software and some hardware. Ending, hopefully, with a fully functional security system that notifies the owner when there is movement.

Read more.


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments