A Beginner’s Account of Building a Robot Spider Kit #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi

from A Beginner’s Account of Building a Robot Spider Kit #piday #raspberrypi @Raspberry_Pi
by Zay

via Alternative Pi

Before I start, I should explain that I am very, very much a beginner. I have only a little knowledge of robotics, coding or electronics. However since doing the (very, very excellent) free Picademy course run by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, I have gained the confidence to introduce the Special Needs students I teach to more and more physical computing, coding and electronics projects.

So what you are about to read is how to build a robot spider from a beginners perspective. It is, I feel, a great little project for a beginner or child but my instructions are by no means definitive. I am sure that more experienced makers will be able to give better tips and pointers. If you are one of these people then do please comment. Also, anyone is free to ask questions 🙂

Can I thank all of the people in the wonderful Raspberry Pi community on twitter and on the forums, who have been very patient giving me advice about the coding part of this project.

Read more


3055 06Each Friday is PiDay here at Adafruit! Be sure to check out our posts, tutorials and new Raspberry Pi related products. Adafruit has the largest and best selection of Raspberry Pi accessories and all the code & tutorials to get you up and running in no time!

Comments